Hello, everyone! I’m Carrie, of Team Colors by Carrie, and I am SO excited that Crystal invited me to be a guest blogger for Collage and Wood! I’m an avid sports fan and jewelry creator, and I love helping female sports fans discover the perfect jewelry accessories for game day, and every day! And I hate to brag, but I know a thing or two about team spirit!
I’m here today to help you find some fun, new ways to wear your favorite sports team colors on game day. I don’t know about you, but my “go to” outfit is usually a jersey and jeans. But let’s face it, that gets old by the end of the season, and I like to mix it up a little. I’m sure you do too!
So today I’ve got 10 easy ideas for wearing your team colors that DON’T involve a team jersey! Sound good? Read on!
- T-shirt or tank – throwing on a t-shirt or tank top is so easy, and chances are good that you already have one in your closet that matches your team colors. If you don’t, you really should, and you can find tees in just about any color in places like Target or Amazon.
- Bandana – did you know that bandanas are making a comeback? You can wear them around your neck, tie them onto your tote or purse, or use them to keep your hair out of your face!
- Scarf – I love scarves, because they are so easy to wear, and come in so many colors and patterns! Just wrap one around your neck for some instant game day style!
- Dress – Growing up the Midwest, dressing up for a football game never, ever crossed my mind. But then I moved to the south, and was introduced to the idea of actually wearing a DRESS to a college football game! Way to take game day style to a whole new level!
- Nail Polish – you can find nail polish in any color imaginable, so why not pick up a bottle (or 2) in your team’s colors, and treat your hands to a game day manicure!
- Face paint – this one is definitely for the more adventurous, but a lot easier than doing your whole body like you often see people doing at games to get themselves on TV! Maybe something simple, like just your team’s logo on your cheek?
- Eye make-up – they say your eyes are the window to the soul, so show the world where your loyalties lie by wrapping them up in your team colors!
- Hair color – you can just pick up some temporary hair color, or head to the salon for a longer lasting solution! It’s totally up to you!
- Shoes – I’m all about comfort, so tennis shoes in my favorite team colors are always on my game day list! Bonus tip: change out the shoelaces in plain white shoes to match your team colors!
- Jewelry – I couldn’t make this list without my favorite game day accessory, because jewelry is such an easy way to change the look of your favorite outfit. Mix and match earrings, bracelets and necklaces!
Aren’t those easy? I hope you got an idea or two for your next sports season!
And just for you fans of Collage and Wood, get 25% off any purchase of jewelry by using coupon code CollageAndWood at Team Colors By Carrie, or use the link below to go directly to the shop, and have the coupon already applied!
Thank you for visiting with me today!